GPU monitor?

When listening to features at Radio-Canada in WMV format, my AMD X3 7200
runs at ~57% of its capacity. I find this strange as I used to watch those
videos with a Celeron 850 and an ATI 2000 card (Rage 128).

Is it possible that the GPU is not put to contribution because the CPU
would be otherwise idle? Is there a GPU monitor available?