Fedora 11: Switching to single user mode (runlevel 1) -- Hey g.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jul 13 17:48:16 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 22:24 -0400, David wrote:
>> I see. You would expect me to ask, please send me your public GnuPG
>> key, from someone I asked publicly and politely to post it or stop
>> signing. From someone who then publicly attacked me and insulted me
>> and said rude things to me and to the list about me.
>
> I'd expect you (or anyone else) to ask someone if they can publish their
> key, or send it to you, and accept whatever the outcome was.  I don't
> expect someone to demand someone else stop signing mail, or demand
> anything else, *THAT* is rude.  And you can expect rude demands to be
> replied to with a similar lack of courtesy.
>
> Don't get your knickers in a twist if you get insulted after being rude
> to someone.

The only person that I can seeing being rude is G. He was asked to
either publish his public key, or stop signing his messages to the
list. A reasonable request if he wants to be part of the com unity.
He could even have posted an ASCII armored copy of his public key to
the list. But he demanded that we send him an email asking for his
key. This is being polite? Get real...

But I guess asking anyone to be a good list member is not acceptable
on this list any more. If you point out the list guidelines and ask
that people follow them, you are labeled a NET NAZI. Politeness is
sadly lacking from some members. It has the net affect of driving
people away, or turning some of the more knowable people into
lurkers. (jdow, for example.)

Mikkel
--
Washington DC’s low murder rate of 69 per 100,000
is due to strict gun control.

Indianapolis’ high murder rate of 9 per 100,000
is due to the lack of gun control.