Re: simple LDAP for address book?

On 07/13/2009 10:44 AM, Aly Dharshi wrote:
On 07/13/2009 09:37 AM, Bradley wrote:
Let me know when you figure this out. I've wanted to do something
similar but also got bogged down by T.M.I. for something simple I wanted
to do.

Shouldn't something like Thunderbird + Addressbooks Synchronizer + an imap folder suffice for this ? Why would you want to use a directory server for this, that would be over kill no ?
Actually not.

We have multiple logins on my home system with, varying system rights and privileges, but we all way to share the same address books for varying reasons. So, I need to set up a shareable address book between the accounts with only one administrator of those lists. This seemed to be the logical answer to this problem.

Bradley