Network Sound - good doc?

Can anyone point me at a good doc for network sound? I would like to send sound from modern application versions on FC11 to some release where sound works, preferably FC6, where I have fully functional sound.

Presumably there's a doc better than what Google finds.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>