Setting up OpenVPN semi-manually

I have a VPN gateway using OpenVPN, running a custom distribution. It has keys which were generated by hand, installed by hand, etc. It has no GUI, no X, firewall only.

I am looking for a doc on how I take a key from a file on the server, and install it using the NetworkManager. Just poking the GUI didn't make it obvious, I got one working by taking NM out and installing by hand using my Slackware notes, but that's really ugly.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>