What is you fedora way to compile from git?

Hi guys, I would like to foolow banshee development from git. But at the
same time I dont want to loose the good banshee package from fedora.
Do you fedora guys have a favorite way to build up a packages from git
that does not conflict with the official one?
Maybe some different lines in the .spec file?

thanks a lot.