jboss on f11 -- is it this simple?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jul 14 15:57:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, arijit sarkar wrote:

> [...]

  one more question, if i might -- one of the online docs suggested
that i add the installed JBOSS "bin" directory to my search path PATH.
i'm not sure if that's essential for proper jboss operation, or
whether that was suggested only to make running the jboss startup
script "run.sh" easier to invoke no matter where you are, and for no
other reason.

  if it's the latter, i'd just as soon keep that entry out of my
search path since i prefer to have a minimalist search path.  i see no
reason to pollute it with another directory for the sake of a single
startup script whose absolute filename i'm willing to type when i need
it.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX