From the top... how do I get sound working in F11 ?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:45:06 UTC 2009

Considering your install wasn't a fresh one to begin with, and Fedora
makes releases twice a year that don't always cleanly upgrade between
each other, I think reinstalling isn't an unreasonable suggestion.
But it was just my suggestion.

You could always set aside a small partition and do a fresh install.
That would at least confirm if F11 sound works at all on your machine.
 It's not a stab in the dark; it actually -rules- out possibilities
that you need to consider, would tell you if getting F11 sound working
at all is possible, and instead help you focus on how to repair your
upgraded environment, or tell you immediately if it was futile.