Applications Dock functionality (launcher, lister, switcher combined), no eye candy required?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 20:51:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Jud Craft wrote:
> All docks currently in existence require a composited screen.
> They all are designed to mimic the animation-heavy OS X dock.

Well, that statement is definitely incorrect since WindowMaker
windows manager do have its own dock (with combined function of
applications launcher, lister and switcher), without requiring
composited screen or any heavy animation. Unfortunately it is
tied to WindowMaker.

I just want to know whether there are other applications like
that outside WindowMaker.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/