Applications Dock functionality (launcher, lister, switcher combined), no eye candy required?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 21:58:08 UTC 2009

I misspoke.  WindowMaker's Dock indeed fulfills all your requirements.
 However, I thought you did not want WindowMaker.

As for AWN dock, GNOME Do docky, they require compositing.

Most of these "OS X" dock type applications all require a composited screen.

However -- a quick google reveals that "cairo-dock" is an OS-X style
dock that does not require compositing (even though it works very well
with it).

I have never tried cairo-dock, but I believe it is available in
Fedora's software pool.  I think it is comparable to AWN dock.