Re: Installing Fc11 on a 250gb Sata drive.

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

 I had no issues.
Check your system board and use Sata port 1 for the system disk.

So the fact that my system disk is running on the 2nd SATA port is wrong?

Generally speaking the BIOS doesn't care about such things any more.

Not always. What it cares about is which port you told it to boot off of. On the system I have at home, that is the same drive until I add another drive at boot time. (Including usb thumb drives left mounted.) It will then reorder the drives in some predetermined sequence not of my choosing and pick one of those as the new boot drive.

It should be something you set and forget. It does not always work that way.

--
Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.