Re: f11 - bt mouse random jump - found source of problem

>>   a) regardless of whether I can choose what to do with wheel left or
>> wheel right the panel should not steal the cursor!
>
> Naturally. Have you considered there might be a hardware peoblem?

  I did - and changed mice - both exhibit same problem. Also, they both
work fine on f10.

>>   b) How does one (on a per user basis please) program mouse click
>
> This is part of the desktop manager. You don't say which one you use,
> but in KDE you can look at Settings->Window Behaviour.

  Yes - gnome - I gave up on kde sadly ... kde used to be very
configurable which I really liked ... but around 4.something I gave up
about the same time Linus did and moved to gnome.