PostgreSQL setup and use

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jul 16 12:08:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 00:43:22 -0600,
  Brad Pepers <bpepers at me.com> wrote:

> Anyone know why this is happening?  The pg_hba.conf is using "ident
> sameuser" for local connections.  As far as I know this should allow the

Here are the non comment part of the hba and ident setups I use on one
machine:
local   all         postgres,bruno                    ident wolff
local   area,book         apache                    ident wolff
local	area	tomarndt	ident wolff

wolff         root              postgres
wolff         postgres          postgres
wolff         bruno             postgres
wolff         bruno             bruno
wolff         apache            apache
wolff         bruno             apache
wolff         tomarndt          tomarndt

And note this stuff is has changed in the 8.4 version. If you are just
getting started you might want to go to 8.4 right away. There are
rpms available at: http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.4/fedora/