Re: Status of a 2.6.30 kernel ? Other sources for a 2.6.30 kernel.

On 16/07/2009 14:20, "Linuxguy123" <linuxguy123 gmail com> wrote:

> Its been suggested that the root issue with the Intel/ Pulseaudio sound
> problem has been addressed in the 2.6.30 kernels.
>
> Does anyone know when a 2.6.30 kernel will be released ?  Is there a
> prebuilt 2.6.30 kernel in an unstable, testing or development repository
> somewhere ?  If so, how would I easily install it using yum ?
>
> Thanks

You might want to wait for all the support packages to come out as well. I'm
not suggesting that installing a newer kernel doesn't have it's benefits -
but I tend to find that upgrading a kernel to fix one problem, generally
brings one or two more with it :)

I would suggest compiling it locally - so at least you know that it'll work,
and you can rollback to a working kernel.

Good luck, (because I'm sure your going to install it one way or another!),
and I hope you solve your issue