Re: How do a fix a non working kernel installation ?

> To fix Grub fast and easy, after editing the kernel grouping, or
> anything else out of  /boot/grub/grub.conf, you can grab a livecd that
> works good on fixing a broken grub boot, called super grub disk (I have
> used it plenty of times when a borked boot of a fedora box happened to
> me) and it works great.  Biggest thing I can think of is edit grub.conf,
> and change the default to a known good kernel and remove the bad kernel
> out. That is to say you have a good one you can boot off of still on the
> system....

I did that, twice, first off, before I ever posted to the group.   The
f12 kernel installed to default 0 and then I had 2 f11 2.6.29 kernels
in positions 1 and 2.  I changed the default to both of them and
neither would boot.

I think this is somehow an mbr problem.