Re: [fedora-list] How do a fix a non working kernel installation ?

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 14:59:58 -0400,
  linux guy <linuxguy123 gmail com> wrote:
> I downloaded the supergrub iso and installed it onto my usb drive.
> When I boot from it, it gives me the grub> command line.  Is that a
> sign I don't have the USB installation right or is that the tool that
> I am supposed to use to fix my non booting drive ?

If you got there you probably could have booted from that grub instance
by setting the correct initrd and kernel settings before giving a boot
command. If the hard drives were named correctly, but the grub install
on the mbr was hosed, the configfile command might be easier. Grub
has built in minimal help. You can use tab to see what the options are
for commands or parameters.