Terminal does not work on a fresh install of Fedora 11

I managed to install Fedora 11 on a Dell optiplex 260. On the first boot - I can't launch the terminal in the graphical environment. On clicking system tools->terminal it brings up a window with title Starting terminal. It then disappears in a few seconds. Everything else works. I can get to a terminal using Ctrl-alt-f2. But cannot start the terminal within graphical environment.  Can I reinstall it. What is the program called? I understand that Gnome terminal is different. I am a newbie so thanks for bearing with me.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=358441&topic_id=73544&forum=10#forumpost358441
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster fcp surfsite org and/or blame bharmaji yahoo com