.deb

davide lists4davide at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:15:37 UTC 2009

François Patte <francois.patte <at> mi.parisdescartes.fr> writes:

> I am wondering if there is some tool under fedora which allow to unpack
> and install packages from debian (.deb)

Bonjour,
deb packages are `ar' archives, so, if you really need you can extract them with
the ar x *.deb and then you need to explose the data.tar.gz into / (you must be
in / to do the tar xvfz data.tar.gz).
This should work, but you lose all the pre- post- installation script, and you
should run them manually and you need to check manually the dependencies.

Of corse it is better to find a .rpm package and use it :-)