From the top... how do I get sound working in F11 ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 17 15:34:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 15:16 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 22:36 -0400, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> > Somebody has enough confidence in filling bugs to fill this one? I
> > find bugzilla is a nightmare.
>
> You really need to fill in bugzilla yourself, because unless you provide
> them with the answer at the same time, or they're able to reproduce the
> problem that YOU have, the next step will probably be them asking you to
> do some more testing for them.
>
> I don't find filling bugzilla in to be too hard.  Finding out if you're
> about to duplicate an already listed bug is painful, or just looking for
> similar bugs (the search function is a bit crap), and selecting the
> right package to report is painful (actually selecting it from the huge
> list, but not, so much, working out which one to select).
----
bug reporting is one of the most important parts of the open source
process. It is the only way for developers to find out what is necessary
to change for different hardware that people use and by not reporting
bugs, your only chance at getting a fix is if someone else has the same
hardware and reports. So by reporting bugs and working with the
developers, you not only help yourself but you also help others and help
provide a better user experience for everyone.

Proprietary software vendors generally do not rely on user reports and
are typically unresponsive to them.

Craig

believed to be clean.