Re: man 5 proc?

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Steven W. Orr <steveo syslang net> wrote:

On 07/17/09 12:01, quoth Jake Peavy:
> man 5 proc doesn't return on my system.  Do I need to install a package?

Are you saying that the command hangs? Or are you saying that the command says
 "no entry for proc in section 5 of the manual"?

If the former then you need to see where the hang is. If the latter then the
relevant package is man-pages. Use rpm -q man-pages to see if it's installed.

Sorry, it was the latter, I should have provided more detail.  But yes, adding man-pages fixed it.  I assumed since I had man grep and so on that I had everything I needed but I guess not ;-)

Thanks.

--
-jp

If you had a school for professional fireworks people, I don't think you could cover fuses in just one class. It's just too rich a subject.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com