man 5 proc?

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:53:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:

> On 07/17/09 12:01, quoth Jake Peavy:
> > man 5 proc doesn't return on my system.  Do I need to install a package?
>
> Are you saying that the command hangs? Or are you saying that the command
> says
>  "no entry for proc in section 5 of the manual"?
>
> If the former then you need to see where the hang is. If the latter then
> the
> relevant package is man-pages. Use rpm -q man-pages to see if it's
> installed.<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines>

Sorry, it was the latter, I should have provided more detail.  But yes,
adding man-pages fixed it.  I assumed since I had man grep and so on that I
had everything I needed but I guess not ;-)

Thanks.

--
-jp

If you had a school for professional fireworks people, I don't think you
could cover fuses in just one class. It's just too rich a subject.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com