Re: Ranter or evangelist?

On 07/17/2009 12:33 AM, gilpel altern org wrote:
On 07/16/2009 10:40 PM, gilpel altern org wrote:

What you're missing is that the codecs are required for the player to
load and play the media.  The codecs are not required to read the
contents of the CD.

I see. You're teaching me a lot here. I always thought that, when you
install the mplayer codecs, it was really to play Windows Media and,
maybe, some more video codecs. Now you tell me it's only to load the
media. Interesting.

A wonderful 3rd party repo is rpmfusion.org.

Well, I've been through the fedorafaq site and I do believe I installed
therpmfusion repository. I didn't collect the mplayer codecs on mplayer's
site :)

They provide many
wonderful tools and options to make your desktop linux experience much
more enjoyable...

It's just too bad that you stop short of telling me which codecs "required
to load and play the media".

I'm very quick on the yum install command and since I have the rpmfusion
repository installed, it will be my pleasure to install all that's
needed... when I wake up tomorrow :)

Here's a better "guide" for you to follow...

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Main_Page