live usb persistence

Joseph Barney denebola42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:15:35 UTC 2009

Dunno if this is the place to ask, but how do I get Live USB Fedora
Persistence? I have a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB.. I'm gonna end up removing that U3
thing that does nothing for me since I don't always use Windows, and anyhow,
I can install it when it's FAT32 partitioned, but even when setting the
persistence file at 3.9GB it never ever has persistence. Is this a bug? I've
googled for days and find nothing, and even in the forums I find nothing and
I'm not new to the internet. Been online since 93 but anyhow, was wondering
if anyone can help me? I get the same results when I was gonna try
Ubuntu...I never get persistence even when downloading the 4GB casper file
from pendrivelinux.com.

I'd really prefer Fedora 11 though, and someone in IRC said if I format it
to ext3 I could use a bigger persistence than 4GB... Is this true? The other
odd thing is my flash won't work with ext3 anymore. I format it, and it
actually installed Fedora 11 on there once on the ext3 filesystem but now
every time I try, and I always use gparted, it says it doesn't recognize
the  filesystem and that it needs to be formatted. Any help is appreciated.
I do like Fedora 11 the best and would love to run it off USB since that
makes it easier to be portable and also since I am into digital photography.
Thanks!

Joe