missing rpmbuild option?

I often just want to look at the source for some tool, so I
download the source rpm, install it, then try to do a
rpmbuild -bp to get all the files unpacked and patched.

This always fails because I'm missing a gazillion build
dependencies, but I'm not building :-).

Is there (or should there be) a --nodeps option to
rpmbuild? (I can't see anything like it in the man
page, but maybe I'm just blind :-).

Anyway, I just remove all the requires stuff from the
spec file and run rpmbuild -bp again, and that usually
works OK for my purposes.