Re: Partitioning FC11 ??

On 07/17/2009 09:44 PM, stan wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:15:18 -0400
Jim<mickeyboa sbcglobal net>  wrote:

My partition layout is

sda1  ext3   /boot
sda2  ext4   /home
sda3  ext4   /
sda4  Extended
sda 5   Swap

I want sda1 /boot to be my boot, why is it default selecting
sda3 /  , in "Boot Loader Operating system list" ??

It would be helpful to see the contents of
/boot/grub/menu.lst

I suspect that you have a root (hd0,2) in there instead of root (hd0.0)
as the location of the boot partition.

I haven't finished the install yet, I'm trying to get it to accept sda1 as boot.
At the initial install and partitioning.