Partitioning FC11 ??

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Jul 18 02:27:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:50:24 -0400
Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/17/2009 09:44 PM, stan wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:15:18 -0400
> > Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
> >

> >> My partition layout is
> >>
> >> sda1  ext3   /boot
> >> sda2  ext4   /home
> >> sda3  ext4   /
> >> sda4  Extended
> >> sda 5   Swap
> >>
> >> I want sda1 /boot to be my boot, why is it default selecting
> >> sda3 /  , in "Boot Loader Operating system list" ??
> >>

> > It would be helpful to see the contents of
> > /boot/grub/menu.lst
> >
> > I suspect that you have a root (hd0,2) in there instead of root
> > (hd0.0) as the location of the boot partition.
> >

> I haven't finished the install yet, I'm trying to get it to accept
> sda1 as boot.
> At the initial install and partitioning.
>
>From the information you've given so far, it should be accepting it.
Are you using custom partitioning?  It should show you a visual of the
drive, and allow you to select the mount point for each partition.  Is
it big enough?

As M Yakub Mizan said, we need more information.  We only know what you
tell us, it's not like we're looking over your shoulder or privy to
your experience.