Re: Ranter or evangelist?

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 01:03:37 -0400 (EDT), gilpel altern org wrote:

> Rhythmbox does pretty much the same as Amarok, it plays CDs and it uses
> GTK. At first sight, it looks to me like a good candidate. If its size is
> larger than XMMS, it should be downloaded after installation.

Rhythmbox is installed by default. At least, here with Fedora 11
and default GNOME desktop.

> Of course, XMMS has a lot of history behind it and nobody feels easy with
> the idea of not making it the default.

It is not the default. As far as I know, due to being a legacy Gtk+ (1.x)
application it is not put onto any of the official CD/DVD images at all.

> But, let's face it: for all the
> protest, not a single person in this thread said that he uses XMMS,

There are only very few XMMS users left. You will find more users
of "xmms2" and "audacious". Both are optional add-ons, too.