Re: Partitioning FC11 ??

On 07/17/2009 10:27 PM, stan wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:50:24 -0400
Jim<mickeyboa sbcglobal net>  wrote:

On 07/17/2009 09:44 PM, stan wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:15:18 -0400
Jim<mickeyboa sbcglobal net>   wrote:

My partition layout is

sda1  ext3   /boot
sda2  ext4   /home
sda3  ext4   /
sda4  Extended
sda 5   Swap

I want sda1 /boot to be my boot, why is it default selecting
sda3 /  , in "Boot Loader Operating system list" ??

It would be helpful to see the contents of
/boot/grub/menu.lst

I suspect that you have a root (hd0,2) in there instead of root
(hd0.0) as the location of the boot partition.

I haven't finished the install yet, I'm trying to get it to accept
sda1 as boot.
At the initial install and partitioning.

> From the information you've given so far, it should be accepting it.
Are you using custom partitioning?  It should show you a visual of the
drive, and allow you to select the mount point for each partition.  Is
it big enough?

As M Yakub Mizan said, we need more information.  We only know what you
tell us, it's not like we're looking over your shoulder or privy to
your experience.

I just finished Cutom Partitioning and it's accepting sda3 / as boot partition instead of sda1 /boot. That's where I'm at, I'm thinking it should be selecting sda1 /boot partition.

I'm going on to complete the install and work from there.