Re: Firefox complains while running, occasionally locks system at start

stan wrote:

> Alternatively, I see that FF 3.5.1 just was released, so I'll probably
> try it and see if it fixes the problem.

well, i hate to post this, but it just came in and i thought you should
be made aware.

}> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:09:42 -0500
}> From: Jay Garcia <Jay JayNOSPAMGarcia com>
}> Subject: Vulnerability in FireFox 3.5.1 confirmed, exploit PoC, no patch
}> To: support-firefox lists mozilla org
}>
}> Various analysts and sites have recently confirmed a vulnerability is
}> present in FireFox 3.5.1 that has had exploit PoC released. When
}> exploited, the vulnerability can lead to system compromise or induce a
}> DOS. No Patch is available.

this subscriber is running ms, so i do not know if it is just ms, or if
it is in linux version also.

from his wording, it is hard to tell if 'dos' is against site or user.

i imagine you could check mozilla site to find out for sure.

later.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.