More than 7 DVB devices - How ?

Hi,

I currently have 9 DVB devices, as the drivers are loaded a device in /dev/dvb is created
typically:

/dev/dvb/adapterX/demux0
/dev/dvb/adapterX/dvr0
/dev/dvb/adapterX/frontend0
/dev/dvb/adapterX/net0

However, there seems to be a limit of 8 devices (0-7), does anyone know how to extend the default limit ?

While I'm on the point, I have the same problem with loop devices being limited to 0-7, in the old days you could add max_loop=64 etc.. in modprobe.conf, but that does not work anymore (since FC9 I think).

Albert.