Can't resolv in NEW FC11 Install

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 18 19:19:44 UTC 2009

Having problems resolving rpmfusion.org in FC11, NEW INSTALL.

rpmfusion-free-release-11-1.noarch
rpmfusion-nonfree-release-11-1.noarch , rpm's are installed, but yum
update is having problems of resolving rpmfusion.org

Firefox couldn't resolve rpmfusion.org until I disabled IPV6

I'm sure that it is IPV6 problem, Firefox has IPV6 Disabled and it can
resolve
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/gnome-mplayer-0.9.5-3.fc11.i586.rpm

But if I feed it a command from terminal like below, it can't resolve
the rpmfusion site.

[root at dorsett Larry]# rpm -ivh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/gnome-mplayer-0.9.5-3.fc11.i586.rpm
Retrieving
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/gnome-mplayer-0.9.5-3.fc11.i586.rpm
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'download1.rpmfusion.org'
error: skipping
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/gnome-mplayer-0.9.5-3.fc11.i586.rpm
- transfer failed

I made a text file in /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf and added the below line

prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

And check Services and dnsmasq is running.

This is the same procedure I followed in the last 12 FC11 Installs and
had no troubles in resolving rpmfusion.org.

/etc/resolv.conf is setup as gateway is nameserver and Firefox has no
problems of Surfing the web.