Re: amaya in repos?

Ed Greshko responded,
Joel Rees wrote:
> Amaya shows to be orphaned, last entry is Fedora 9:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/amaya? _csrf_token=1e50eca0476c3f20d764e66baf5cfd9654b11dc6
>

> Neither yum info nor yum search seem to find it. At least, not on a
> ppc machine.
>
> Have orphaned projects been removed?
>
> Would the best approach at this point be to download the source from
> w3.org and build? Anybody use it? Care to comment? Especially,
> concerning the ability to enter Japanese?

Have you tried their rpm?

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

Thanks, Ed.

I have a habit of building from source things that aren't in the distro packages.

One of the source packages they provide comes with all the dependencies, and I don't recognize a couple of them. freetype and w3c-libwww were installed, redland was not, but was in the regular repos.

Parts of Mesa seem to be installed, other parts seem to be n the repositories. I suppose the quickest way to find out if it's enough is to try building it.

yum search wxWidgets gives me a list of stuff like bacula-console- wxwidgets, compat-wxGTK26, and, hmm. Maybe that would be wxBase and wxGTK and wxGTK-gl and wxGTK-media, which are already installed.

Anyway, it looks confusing, and I guess I was hoping there would be someone on the list here who has used it recently and could tell me the lay of the land before I wade in.

Well, I guess I'll try building it after the family is all in bed. Or maybe set the build going now, before I start washing the dishes. Or maybe get the RPM, since it looks possible that I have all the dependencies, now that I've looked again.