Re: how much junk should i have to install for a 32-bit toolchain?

2009/7/19 Robert P. J. Day <rpjday crashcourse ca>:
[snip]
> but i'm starting to wonder if this is worth the trouble, how much
> *more* i?86 content i'll have to dump on this machine and, most
> importantly, should this be my concern or do i have the right to at
> least *suggest* that the software providers might consider supplying a
> 64-bit toolchain to avoid all this nonsense, for the sake of the
> increasing number of 64-bit systems out there?

I think they're working on porting to 64 bit, but it's a fair bit of work.

If you don't like installing so much i386 packages you could consider
using a mock chroot sandbox, to avoid contaminating" your main system.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/MockTricks#Using_mock_as_a_chroot_sandbox_tool