Re: Success - finally

Bradley,

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Bradley<pursley001 comcast net> wrote:
>    Well, I've been tinkering with installing an optimized kernel for years
> and finally I understand how to do it!  This was such a big thing for me,
> since I run on an older, slower system, that I had to share it.  I am now
> running Kernel 2.6.30.1 on my system and it runs so much nicer than before.
>  I still have some optimization to do on it but getting it to this point was
> a major accomplishment for me.

Congratulations!

I'd be interested in hearing/reading what you did to optimize.  What
did you modify/change in the config file? Which command did you use to
modify the config file.

I have an older system too - VA Linux 420 that I purchased in 2000, VA
Linux Systems was making and selling computers.

> Bradley

Thank you for your consideration,
Darlene Wallach