Re: Package kit notification of uprade available

2009/7/20 Claude Jones <cjoneslists tehogeeservices com>:
> On 7/20/2009 3:32 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Yes. PackageKit uses:
>>
>> yumbase.conf.yumvar['releasever']
>>
>> to get the current release version. If this still happens after a
>> reboot, please open a bug with the component yum, and state that
>> releasever isn't being detected correct.ly.
>
> What is "yumbase.conf.yumvar['releasever']? Is that the name of a file? I
> could not locate anything with such a name on my computer, even stripping
> out the '['releasever']' part. I also looked through all the yum and
> packagekit configuration files and saw nothing resembling that...

I think that is one of the variables yum uses. Check 'man yum.conf'.
Instead of looking for files, a 'grep releasever /etc/yum*/*' probably
would have led you to the answer.

> Maybe it's just me, but I cannot figure out how to file a bug anymore. It

Bugzilla still confuses me. I have been meaning to go through the
following howto for a while now.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/docs/en/html/using.html

--
Suvayu