Re: Success - finally

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Markus Kesaromous<remotestar live com> wrote:
> I to would like to know how you optimized the kernel to run better (i.e. less cpu utilisation).
> I am on an older machine as well, and currently running F11. Everything is so sluggish now.

I haven't actually tried it myself, but I would suggest also
optimizing glibc, the X library, and the X server.

Basically what you want to do is optimize the most-frequently used
code.  There are hundreds if not thousands of code modules on a modern
Linux system, but just a few of them are used really frequently.

You'd want to be careful replacing your glibc though - one slip and
you'll wedge your system.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote dulcineatech com

   Dulcinea Technologies: Software of Elegance and Beauty.