60% of Fedora packages obsolete

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:27:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Rahul
Sundaram<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 01:36 AM, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> Article: http://oswatershed.org/
>>
>> That's much higher than I would have guessed. I suppose Fedora is no
>> longer as fast paced as it used to be. Arch seems to be the innovating
>> distro now.
>
> Not shipping the very latest in the "stable" release of Fedora is by no
> means equivalent to obsolete. Arch is definitely more bleeding edge
> being a rolling distribution however.
>
> Rahul

I've always found that some Fedora policies are far from as bleeding
edge as observers would believe.

However, this seems to place Fedora in a weird position -- between
what most now consider to be the bleeding edge distro, Arch,. and what
many consider to be the stable distro, Ubuntu. What niche does fedora
intend to fullfill?

--
Fedora 10
(www.pembo13.com)