RE: F11 and PulseAudio

> To: fedora-list redhat com
> From: amadeus84 verizon net
> Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:44:19 +0000
> Subject: Re: F11 and PulseAudio
>

>> Are there F11 media packages built without PulseAudio?
>>

> mplayer, mpg321 and I'd be surprised if the rest of the gamut can only
> function with pulseaudio, because virtually all of these have been around
> long before pulseaudio.
>
> --

Thanx for the heads up.
It turned out that even though doing yum install of these packages causes the pulseaudio rpms to be installed as dependencies, someone on this list clued me that some of the media packages have a config file (such as mplayer) where you set up the audio output device to something other than pulseaudio. Since I have set it to alsa, I no longer have the problem I reported: namely that pulseaudio daemon was chewing up to 35% of cpu wen audio was playing.

Cheers,

Windows Liveā„¢ HotmailĀ®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_photos_072009&cat=sports