Blog & Login & FTP

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:24:43 UTC 2009

I set up a blog on my home server and the blog files are located in
/var/www/blog. I have a virtual host called blog.domain.ca on apache.
This part is all working well.

I'm trying to figure out how to give myself outside FTP access so that
I can edit the content there via FTP instead of logging in with shell
and using nano to edit files. Some of the blog stuff allows you to
upgrade if you have FTP access.

Would I just create a user called blog for that? How can I set it so
that when I login I see the /var/www/blog folder and have access to
those files? What permissions should that folder have?

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom