aspell rpm is defective.

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Tue Jul 21 20:15:04 UTC 2009

On 09-07-21 11:18:15, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> No one responded to my question of the absence of dictionaries for
> aspell and ispell so I looked further.
>
> The aspell rpm at least through f9 put the dictionaries
> in /usr/lib/aspell-0.60/  They are not there or anywhere I can find
> in F11. Could someone confirm this so I can do a Bugzilla on aspell?
> Or maybe no one else cares.

In F9, the aspell RPM has no dictionaries, and a separate aspell-
<language-code> package must be installed.  You could determine this
with `rpm -ql aspell` and `yum list aspell\*`.  Also, the F9 aspell
README in /usr/share/doc/aspell-0.60.5/README notes that aspell
requires installing a dictionary when built from source.