aspell rpm is defective.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 21 20:53:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 17:46 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Jul 2009 16:18:15 Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > No one responded to my question of the absence of dictionaries for
> > aspell and ispell so I looked further.
> >
> > The aspell rpm at least through f9 put the dictionaries
> > in /usr/lib/aspell-0.60/
> >  They are not there or anywhere I can find in F11. Could someone confirm
> > this so I can do a Bugzilla on aspell? Or maybe no one else cares.
> >
> > What is used in its place. Maybe huspell.
>
> My F11 netbook uses kde-fedora repos, so may be more up to date than straight
> F11.  However, /usr/lib/aspell does have the dictionaries here.   My aspell is
> 0.60
>
> Anne
Well there is always something to learn. I created a kde.repo. My aspell
is also aspell-o-60.6-5.fc11.i586 and the directory under /usr/lib is
also aspell-0.60 but no dictionaries within. If the aspell on your
system is later yum does not think so on my machine.

I am boggled by the idea that kde has its own separate repository for
f11. What would that be. I installed kde through the fedora repos so I
would expect all kde updates would come from fedora repos.

Can someone explain all this? Especially since aspell is not a
particularly kde product.

Any further testimony on this matter. Is it Bugzilla time or not?
These days the necessities of life cost you about three times what they
used to, and half the time they aren't even fit to drink.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net