Re: Linux on a Dell Studio Hybird, Problems ??

On 07/21/2009 05:00 PM, Jim wrote:
On 07/21/2009 02:46 PM, Jim wrote:
Trying to install FC11 on a Dell Studio Hybird.

Before I put any OS on this box I could boot off a FC11 CD and run a Live Linux DVD on it.

Then I installed Vista on this box, it was gone when I got it, I had to put Vista back on.

But hitting F12 and selecting Boot off a DVD , the Linux starts to run and gets to boot splash screen and then screen goes black, I then get a small window moving across screen that says "Input not Supported" Is Vista somehow blocking FC11 Linux from running a "LIve Dvd"

I did forget to say sda is a SATA drive, I wouldn't think that would cause a problem.

Well here it is guys, A fix from deep in the Google archives ,  "nomodeset"
I have never heard of that one.
noacpi, xdriver=vesa, etc. etc.  didn't help.
Is this a new one that just came out ?
Finally got Fedora 11 installed and it is now updating.
I just read a new post on Mail-List , Vista won't boot from grub. I guess that's another problem I will have to fix.