Re: Has anyone with a PCIe bus and Intel internal sound chip got sound working yet?

On 07/21/2009 07:04 AM, William Case wrote:
Hi John;

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 20:10 -0700, john wendel wrote:
On 07/20/2009 09:26 AM, William Case wrote:
Hi;

Sound working fine here on 2 different Intel motherboards (with PCIe bus).

Just an afterthought.  Since you have got your internal sound working,
could you tell me which channels you have turned on or off?

Either using the various guis ( I have got them all) or alsamixer -c0.
Maybe I am just doing something stupid. I have tried so many
combinations I am no longer sure where to start.

Using both the "advanced volume control" and alsamixer in a terminal, I have sliders for "MASTER", "PCM", and "SPEAKER" output. They all seem to do the same thing (control the volume). I don't have anything turned off.

Regards,

John