3 finger salute gone in F11

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:42:31 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 12:28 AM, Gabriel VLASIU wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, suvayu ali wrote:
>
>> I did as you suggested, but I still can't kill X by
>> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. Any thoughts?
> No. I have 31 computers with fedora 11 and X can be restarted with
> control-alt-backspace using 10-x11-keymap.fdi (gnome/kde/WindowMaker).
> No xorg.conf
>
> Eventually, you can try attached 10-keymap-custom.fdi file instead of
> 10-x11-keymap.fdi (please, restart your computer before trying
> ctrl-alt-backspace).
>
> You can also create an xorg.conf file with following lines only:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>      Option "DontZap" "false"
> EndSection
>
> And don't forget to update fedora (yum -y update).

Thank you Gabriel for your reply.

I tried putting the file you had attached in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ but
that didn't work. So I created an xorg.conf using `Xorg -configure' and
made the appropriate edits and put it in /etc/X11/. Despite rebooting my
system multiple times, it _still_ does not work.

I am starting to think there is something gravely wrong with my system
that is preventing this from working. :(

--
Suvayu