Re: What is this .gvfs directory?

On 07/22/2009 09:01 AM, Bradley wrote:
On 07/22/2009 07:17 AM, davide wrote:
Bradley<pursley001<at> comcast.net> writes:

I have my system do regular automated backups and just noticed that the
backups have been failing do to a ".gvfs" directory

there is a similar thread quite recent.
search into the archives, there is a solution (a dirty hack maybe) for the
backup issue.
Okay, read the thread but apparently there is no solution to this problem. Has anyone tried permanently "breaking" or disabling fuse so that it doesn't create the directory in the first place?

Final update on this thread for me:

Well, I decided to "break" fuse by making the executables in the /bin and /sbin directories unavailable and, guess what? The directory still appears but with normal access rights thereby fixing my problem. All other system operations seem to be working normally except that I have to enter the root password for mounting temporary files systems, which is fine since I'm the only one that uses them on my system. This will be my workaround that works great!

Bradley