Re: F11: kill -9 doesn't work

On 07/22/2009 03:23 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:01:50 +0100
Terry Barnaby wrote:

I know 3D is horribly broken in F11 :( as well as many other things,
but I would have thought that kill -9 should still work ...

Not if it is stuck inside the kernel, kill -9 only kills things
as they come out of the kernel.

Kernel code should be written so that it aborts any possible infinite loop
when signals are awaiting processing. At least the drivers I have written
do (I hope :) )...