git + Fedora 11 kernel

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jul 22 22:54:25 UTC 2009

Hi Todd;

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 17:39 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > How do I get the latest *Fedora* source code that can be used with git?
> >
> > I have the kernel.org vanilla version working in git, but I would like
> > to get the Fedora 11 version.  I am trying to trace the SELinux
> > implementation in Fedora.
> >
> > I have downloaded kernel-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.src.rpm, if that is of any
> > use.  I can't get git clone to recognize it.
>
> I don't know that the fedora kernels are tracked in a public git repo.
> The folks on the fedora kernel list might know better though.
>
>     https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-kernel-list/
>
> What is it that you'd like to do with git and the fedora kernels?

What I want to do is trace the implementation of SELinux; its modules;
initiation; hooks etc. in Fedora.  The Kernel.org version I have doesn't
show SELinux coding.

I have been running SELinux in the last few versions of Fedora in
permissive or disabled mode just to get it out of the way.  In F11, I
thought I would climb the learning curve and begin to use it.

There are many good tutorials and manuals out there, not the least of
which are Fedora's own SELinux manual and the NSA's report.  However
none of them explain very well what is happening in the kernel.  At
least not as well as they could if I could see the code with my own
eyes.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3