OpenOffice page preview zoom disabled

Anyone else seen this?

Start OpenOffice.org Writer with a new text document.

File > Page Preview

The preview comes up but the zoom functions are all disabled--grayed out.

Renaming the OOo profile folder and starting OOo with a fresh one does not help, but, logging in as a test user, OOo works correctly. So, it looks like something in my normal login session is causing the problem, but I can't imagine what.

Any ideas?

<Joe