Strange Disk Partitionaing issue with Clean Fedora 11 Upgrade

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Jul 23 04:43:09 UTC 2009

I've had a strange result when doing a clean update to Fedora 11 on my
classroom lab systems.

The machine currently has 98, XP, and Fedora 10.
98 is sda1
XP is sda5
Boot is sda6
LVM is sda7 (root and swap)

The sda7 is 37953MB

I go thru the installations, and tell it to replace existing Linux on disk.
The sda7 partition is changed to 33210MB and leaves 4743MB of Free
Space? Any ideal why it would reduce the size of the partition?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,222,054.8764 | EINSTEIN 2,750,242.1409 | ROSETTA
1,059,757.6995