Re: Loss Tray Icons for NetworkManager and Email

On 07/23/2009 06:39 PM, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I tried to delete an Icon/applet from my upper Gnome panel, two
> other Icons/Applets also were deleted.  There should have been no
> relationships between the icon that I explicitly deleted and the two
> that disappeared.  So far I have had no luck in getting them back.
>
> The two icons are for the NetworkManager status and and unread email
> messages count.  Any ideas on how to get these two icons back?

I suspect you accidentally deleted the notification area in the GNOME
panel.  Right click on the panel -> Add to Panel => Notification Area.

You cannot just delete icons off the panel. You need to go the
application in question and look for the preferences section to disable it.

Rahul