Re: active network connection stops working...

thank you for your reply.....a lot to digest....

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Rick Sewill <rsewill gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 02:18 -0500, charles zeitler wrote:

I could be way off base.  I haven't used ppp in years.

My instinct is there are a number of possibilities why the link would go
down.  The following are a few I can think of:
1) PPP decides the peer is dead
2) PPP decides the link is idle and wishes to disconnect

Let me talk about these two possibilites.

1) PPP decides the peer is dead

would not pppoe re-establish itself later, say after reboot & trying a different peer?

2) PPP decides the link is idle and wishes to disconnect

the "connection" still shows "active", but there is no dns resolution...

-Rick

charles zeitler

--

   Do What Thou Wilt